PvP (Tournaments) - With or without Rings?

PvP-Rings in PvP-Tournaments?

• Deactivate PvP-Rings in PvP-Tournaments completely.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Only the last weekend every month with PvP-Rings activated.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep it as it is!

Votes: 14 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fancy

Ex Staff Member
Hello everyone,

over the past few weeks we've noticed that there's been less PvP action than we'd hoped, especially the PvP tournaments were almost always dominated by the same player names.
Thus we make this voting to see what the community really prefers.

Please also tell us: What would you motivate to participate on Open-PvP?

3lagl9.jpg

As a new player I can understand that it is not that nice, cause you cant enter pvp tournaments cause you dont have the ring, but exactly this was the case in bringing PvP Rings. The update with the rings is now more then 3 months out, and you already said that you will bring harder content in 2020. So now you want to fuck everyones ass who farmed all rings.​

The only real reason why we all farmed the rings +9 was the PvP Tournaments. Obviously we can use it Map1 aswell, but the main thing is the tournaments. If you set now everyone without a ring on the same spot like the players with rings you will lose the tryhard/active community, cause why did we farm? We farmed for nothing if you change this now​

WillDragon

"the PvP tournaments were almost always dominated by the same player names. " And? Whats new? Metin2 was always that, richest getting richer. Metin2, like many games is a "Pay2Win" or "have no life but grinding".
I don't enter PvP tournaments (no point, I will only be full PvP in months and by that time new items will be in game so I won't be full again :p). But rings are part of the game so I don't think its fair removing them. Therefore my vote.

Khezu

First of all, I’m on my cellphone so forgive me for any type errors.

Im a fairly new player and I did struggle during pvp events when I was put against someone with +9 rings. However, this only motivated me to get atleast one ring to +9 so that I could compete against players who have dedicated their time and efforts to the rings. In conclusion I think it would be unfair for players who created rings specifically for PvP events; however perhaps you can do some weeks without pvp rings thus other players have a chance at getting the victory & with them having a chance in my opinion it’ll give them that extra push to want to farm for the rings as thry would want to frequently pvp in the given event.

Open world is always fun, ever since the guild Shinra was formed in red kingdom I have seen it a lot more and I can spend hours just fighting back and forth because that’s what Nova is all about. As for motivation you can possibly make some sort of kill score ranking system and at the end of each month the highest 3 players would be gifted something, Although the ranking system would only count during the event and not everyday( also probably make some sort of arena map where you’d only gain points there) else players would abuse kill their alts.

Aeos

Ihmo, for PvP events there should indeed be every single thing that is in the server in order to see who are the best players in the game, however, the issue isn't in the PvP Rings but rather in the pvp balance system though.. Meaning that crits, poison, RNG game features matter too much for pvp, so instead of having a discussion if PvP Rings should be done for pvp as something obligatory (and aren't that hard, I've made 3 +9 and I play since november) there should be a different event, one which is in order to actually see who the best players are of each class and/or of all classes.
This would be an event that would take more than a couple of minutes, it should be with sets of Bo3, and Bo5 (later rounds) to then properly see who is actually good at pvp.

People who cry about pvp rings just don't want to farm the only "hard" thing to have in Nova, those players should not be able to ever be good at pvp events. If someone wants to be the best, they should put the time in, hence my vote for leaving it as it is.

Last edited:
View attachment 259

As a new player I can understand that it is not that nice, cause you cant enter pvp tournaments cause you dont have the ring, but exactly this was the case in bringing PvP Rings. The update with the rings is now more then 3 months out, and you already said that you will bring harder content in 2020. So now you want to fuck everyones ass who farmed all rings.​

The only real reason why we all farmed the rings +9 was the PvP Tournaments. Obviously we can use it Map1 aswell, but the main thing is the tournaments. If you set now everyone without a ring on the same spot like the players with rings you will lose the tryhard/active community, cause why did we farm? We farmed for nothing if you change this now​
Nothing to say. He said just what i want to say to all. We did sash full pvp,rings+9,and all the stuff and someone is still complain about the tournament. It is ok that other players want to join it but u know that Nova was opened on August so do not complain if u lose by someone who has the ring +9(i have a member that playing with 2 account in 2 weeks he made all the 6 rings+9). There are no excuses for that: If u don't want to play against a player with the ring +9 u will not do pvp with the 80% of the server now(yes because a ring fall from 45k nc to 15/18).